March 25, 2013

Music for your Monday.

Josh Ritter's new album came out this month! "Beast in its Tracks" was written after his divorce a couple of years ago and it is so lovely and hopeful. I watched an interview recently where he said this, 


"I'm a big fan of marriage. Whoever you are, getting married is a hopeful act. When it didn't work out for me, it was a shock. I felt like a failure. It was the worst moment...I started writing songs because I didn't know what else to do. The songs were so mean and so angry and so full of rage and then I found that I had to wait and as time went on those things changed and they became love and all these other things. Our anger is in ourselves. It's like silt in a riverbed that just needs to wash out and it's gonna take time. You have to intend to forgive somebody and let that be enough for the time being. If I'm proud of anything with this record it's that I waited and gave it time to become something more than what it was in the beginning." 

I think he is one of the most talented lyricists putting out music right now.  Love this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment