March 15, 2013

Birthday.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm not afraid to own up to 36 years....indeed I have earned every year. And I do think I'm slowly becoming better with age--less afraid, less judgmental, more comfortable with myself. I can see wrinkles starting to form under my eyes when I smile and I think smile wrinkles are good ones to have. I love my family more than ever and appreciate them in ways that I didn't understand when I was younger. My job is challenging and rewarding and working at home feels so much more organic (what a blessing). I'm planting a beautiful garden and am part of a community that holds me. I feel loved and known by my Creator.

Yes, life is good at 36.

To celebrate I'm road tripping to New Mexico in a matter of hours...with a friend of 15 years...to a place where I learned how to come to myself. I think it will be a perfect way to celebrate. :)

Happy weekend all! I'm sending you off with a face of a little that I've spent a lot of time with this past week. He melts me. #nephew


No comments:

Post a Comment