January 11, 2013

Poem.

I dreamed last night that I was searching everywhere for this Yeats poem to share with my students...it was so heavily on my mind when I woke up. Weird! It's been years since I've read it:

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

                            -William Butler Yeats

Beautiful, yes?

I hope you all have a happy weekend! I've got a few projects to complete, and a movie to finally see, a desert to escape to, and worshiping to partake in. Yay.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I needed a beautiful poem. I've been missing your blog since I've been a little computer deficient lately. Love you!

    ReplyDelete