January 25, 2013

Nurturing.













Sometimes it's like I'm Bill Murray and this is Groundhog Day and I'm waking up thinking, "Oh wow, I'm still at this huh?" Still doing this single thing. Still trying to navigate the balance of hoping for something without letting it overcome me. Still trying to keep an open heart through every disappointment. Ah, the disappointment. I know mine is not a singular experience...that everyone has their thing--married or single, young and old. It just feels good to fess up at times, doesn't it? Life is beautiful and draining. It's messy and sanctifying. And I'll take it for the surprise factor alone. What. Next? It's awesome and terrifying.

I bought this plant when I was feeling like I could use more nurturing. I saw it and suddenly it seemed like the answer to every ill in the world. I can't explain how I've attached to it, but it's made me realize that we could all use a little more nurturing. We need people and things and places and spaces that remind us that we're brave. I don't know about you, but I'll take all the encouragement I can get...and really hope to offer it in return.

Dear everyone, you are all so brave.
Love, h

1 comment: