August 9, 2012

Trip: 2600 Miles

I made it home after a very eventful drive through Yosemite (be still my heart)...


and with my friend Hayley helping me at the wheel (thank goodness for her company!)...
and a drive through my worst nightmare--a windmill farm (does anyone else find windmills creepy?)...
capturing a lovely sunset in Nevada...
right before my car broke down and we had to sleep on the side of the road...
 but woke up to a beautiful sunrise nonetheless...
and were gratefully rescued by these heroes...

I don't have the exact mileage since my car is still in the shop (bah!) but I logged over 2600 miles on my month-long journey. I'm happy about every mile! Traveling always leaves you with a new perspective and lessons to remember--hopefully once I've processed all of it I can share some things that I learned. For now I'm back to life, have already started my new job, and am looking forward to welcoming my parents home with all of my family next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment