February 23, 2012

Raw crepes


I inherited a dehydrator from my mom and have had the best time trying raw recipes. Recently I made apple crepes with a recipe from this book (I love it and recommend it for anyone trying raw recipes for the first time). There are only four ingredients:
1 cup cored and diced apple
1/2 cup flax meal
2 Tbsp. agave syrup
1/2 cup water, or as needed.

Blend until smooth, spread evenly in dehydrator, and dehydrate at 104 degrees until completely dry (times vary depending on dehydrator--approximately 4-6  hours).

Of course, the best part of crepes is the filling. I love cashew cream--so easy to make and has a similar consistency to whipping cream. Also, it's delicious! Again, only four ingredients:
1 cup cashews
3 large medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt

Cover the cashews and dates in separate bowls with one cup of water in each bowl. Soak for 20 minutes. Drain the cashews and put in the bottom of your blender, add dates with their soaking water, vanilla, and salt. Blend until desired consistency. Refrigerate in glass jar to chill.

I sliced the crepes, then added cashew cream and bananas for a lovely meal. The crepes are not as soft as a basic crepe recipe, but the texture is still nice. I think I'll try banana flax crepes next.

Enjoy!

p.s. can't wait to try this cashew cream recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment