January 9, 2012

Reality



I've had a mental image stuck in my head for a while; when I think of it, I often find unexpected tears. It comes at random times, in response to seemingly disconnected questions.

It is the picture of a sheep fold, high in cold mountains, snow-covered ground, moon large overhead, surrounded by wolves. Wolves, circling, menacing, snarling; vicious and ruthless and terrible. 

The picture I see is of a sheep stepping away from the safety of that fold; the wolves immediately respond, attack.

Then, in my mind's eye, always comes the Shepherd. Strong, calm, certain. He chases after the sheep. He runs, as I have not seen any human run. And he fights, for that sheep. The battle does not seem to be a battle with the wolves, but rather with the sheep; and it is a battle of feeling, believing in, love.

That is where my mental picture ends, but the thought that always accompanies this small scene is, "I will fight for you. I will fight to protect you; I Love You."

I love this scripture:

 Isaiah 34: 16 ¶Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hathacommanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

None shall want her mate. None shall fail. What a Shepherd. 



4 comments:

  1. Erin, more than once in my life you've said a thing or two that really helped me with a very specific need. You really touched on something that spoke directly to me here. Thank you for sharing. (By the way, I'll never forget the miracle in the Chinese Embassy. You are a very inspired woman - and I doubt it's just with me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. I am going to print this and keep it around. It's so beautiful and true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Erin. This gave me goosebumps. In a good way. You are a bright mind and soul. I hope to read this again in the future.

    ReplyDelete