October 3, 2011

Confessions

#1 Background: Once when Liz and I were roommates, she decided to send off for the Dog Whisperer on Netflix. Then she left it on the couch one night as she was leaving and mildly encouraged me watch an episode. I thought it would be lame. Two hours later she came home to find me totally enthralled...and Cesar Milan became a much talked about figure in our home. So, lately I've been trying some dog whispering on these two yippy dogs that live next door. It always works for a moment, but then something about my calm assertiveness gives way. However I do want to hone this skill, so I started whispering on much smaller creatures--namely mosquitos. It's working. I'm serious!! I'm a mosquito whisperer!!!!

#2 Last Thursday at work I caught myself saying this sentence in my head, "Control print-screen is the best thing that ever happened to me." I want to barf just thinking about the fact that I thought that.

#3 A few years ago I attended a seminar where the mentor asked us to look at a long list of archetypes and decide which one struck a chord with us the most--which one we felt like we were deep down inside. Unfortunately I brushed right past princess, dreamer, and teacher. Rather, my eyes landed on "avenger." Pretty weird, right? I was just thinking about it and thought I should confess.

Your turn!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yes!! These are so good. I'll try to get back to you with some more confessions soon. I hope some other people confess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I am a full supporter, and confessor. Here are my confessions: On Monday in class, I realized that the TA of one of my professors who is slightly world-famous, is growing/training his hair to be just like my professors. And I wondered if he realized it. And I wanted to tell him it was a bad decision, conscious or not. Confession number two: since I moved to Boston, I only wash my hair once a week!!!!! Don't worry I shower daily but yeah, my hair. I thought I should confess. (I just realized both my confessions are hair-based. hmmm.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Hilarious!! Dog Whisperer Confession back: Dan and I watched an entire disk of Dog Whisperer the other night. Correction, DAN watched an entire disk. It was his first time to watch it and I fell asleep. When I woke up he had the strangest look on his face. He immediately commanded me, in a calm assertive voice, to get him some key lime pie. It didn't work - he has yet to become the Liz Whisperer.

    Confession 2: We have been watching a lot of BSG. In fact, we're addicted.

    Looking back on this comment I guess I should confess something else: evidently all we've done since we got married is watch TV. (Jkjkjk, we've also eaten pizza.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Hilarious!! Dog Whisperer Confession back: Dan and I watched an entire disk of Dog Whisperer the other night. Correction, DAN watched an entire disk. It was his first time to watch it and I fell asleep. When I woke up he had the strangest look on his face. He immediately commanded me, in a calm assertive voice, to get him some key lime pie. It didn't work - he has yet to become the Liz Whisperer.

    Confession 2: We have been watching a lot of BSG. In fact, we're addicted.

    Looking back on this comment I guess I should confess something else: evidently all we've done since we got married is watch TV. (Jkjkjk, we've also eaten pizza.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you say "BSG" do you mean Battlestar Galactica?? That is making me laugh so hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Sure do :) but I take it back - it's a bit too violent for me to recommend. Lots of LDS doctrine in that show though due to a writer who was Mormon on the first round of the show. The version of the show is kind of watered down LDS doctrine for violent nerdy types (nerdy I am, but not violent!)

    ReplyDelete