September 1, 2011

School Confessions

I'm still settling in to class/study/life in Cambridge, so I'm sorry for the lack of postage on my part.

I feel like I don't have anything interesting to say right now - maybe that's because I have a million things on my to-do list, but mostly I just want to take a nap and catch up on some sleep.

But since Heather mentioned confessions, I might as well 'fess up on a couple points.

Confession Number One: I don't care about my grades. There, it's out. I don't care if I fail all my classes here this year. I plan to pass them (and I'm sure I will) . . . but I'm not here to get a degree from Harvard. I'm here to pass the next nine months till my fiance arrives, and I'm here to try to improve myself and use my time and life to the fullest. I'm not going to study insane, insane hours, or raise my hand for ten minutes so the teacher will finally call on me so that I can get my 10 points for classroom participation in one class, and then in the next class NOT going to raise my hand or ask questions (because it's against the class rules) so I don't get docked 10 points. I'm just going to learn. I'm going to give life my best. If that coincides with school, awesome. If not, awesome.





Confession Number Two: I think little people are the best things in the world (no offense to all the big people I love deeply, dearly, and deservedly.) But I think there's something to be said about what really motivates you, what you'll sacrifice for, what you think about the most, and what doesn't change.  That would be these guys (and the rest of my family and dear friends, of course, too!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure loving the confessions. I think this should be a confession blog. I feel obliged to confess something now. Hmm. I am glad that I married someone who LOVES to spend his spare time cooking/baking things for other people. That's my confession. So what I am really confessing is that I rarely, rarely do nice things like that for people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should have a feature called "Marie's Confessions" 'cause I'm laughing so hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha, I agree. With H, but not with Marie. I can't name on two hands and two feet and a head of hair how many nice things you've done for me Marie. I like the sound of it, H. Let's make it a monthly feature.

    ReplyDelete