July 7, 2011

Granola

I found a granola recipe several years ago that I loved right away because it’s so easy. I have modified it to be what I consider more whole and it's delicious! Prep time is no more than ten minutes. I made a fresh batch last night. Here are the ingredients:

4 c. raw oats
½ c. date sugar (I think this is the best natural replacement for brown sugar)
1 ½ c. sliced almonds  (I didn’t have sliced almonds, so I added raw pumpkin seeds. You can add whatever nuts and/or seeds you like.)
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ c. coconut oil
¼ c. agave or honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ c. dried cranberries or blueberries (or both)

In a bowl mix oats, almonds, date sugar, sea salt, and cinnamon. In a saucepan warm the coconut oil and agave (or honey). Whisk or stir in vanilla. Carefully pour liquid over oat mixture and stir gently with a wooden spoon.

Spread granola on a baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes at 300 degrees, carefully stirring every 10 minutes. Add dried fruit after you are done baking. Store in air-tight container.

Eat with milk, yogurt, or my favorite—coconut milk.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment