July 30, 2011

The Fine Print (in pictures): Part I


We met three years ago

Mukono LDS Branch
(back before color photos existed. it's been that long.)


We ate kinyanya and talked . . . and mostly, that was it.  
I went back to the US, and he stayed in Uganda. 


Three years later, the kinyanya were gone (= unripe)
but he was there at the airport to pick me up


he was there to help me at the orphanage, and with my classes, and with the books


he was pretty handy with a spear



and with a bike


and on the farm


 and did I mention monkey hunting??? (finding . . . not killing . . .)


as we walked down rich red roads

 Mukono District

under bright blue skies

murchison falls wildlife reserve

impossibility collided with reality . . . that sometimes happens 
in Africa.

murchison falls wildlife reserve


5 comments:

  1. Oh, that was so cute. I can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. It's a beautiful African tale. Congratulations on the beginning of the next chapter....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet Daniel, this man of Africa:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I'll post some final details soon!

    ReplyDelete