June 4, 2011

I'm Engaged!!

Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
-Proverbs 13:12

I am so so happy to announce that I got engaged this week to my very best friend, Dan! I've loved this guy practically from our first date many months ago. Our dear friend Julie is our Yenta. She told Dan a bit about me and that he should attend our lecture/discussion group to meet up.

He showed up at my friend Dave's house for an excellent lecture by Matt on Cain and Big Foot. I remember looking over and seeing him and thinking, "Hmm, there's a cute guy, I guess I haven't met every guy on the planet. See you never know - someone new could show up any day." I was only thinking that in the abstract at the time, but he found me afterwards and I was happy to meet him. Our relationship began with an energetic discussion in which we discovered that I was dying to watch the documentary Elegant Universe and that he happened to own that very same documentary. And here we are.

When I'm with Dan I see stars. He just glows. I have a big-time crush on him and I love him with all my heart.

It's with happiness and sadness (and even a few unexpected tears) that I turn this blog over to my dear friend, and blog contributor, Erin Reynolds. Erin will be in Uganda and in graduate school this year but she has graciously agreed to take on the blog as well. Erin is a brilliant writer and has such beautiful insights. I so look forward to reading her thoughts in the future. Thank you, dear Erin!

Many, many thanks to all of you who have contributed! This blog has been such a positive part of my life. I have looked forward to interviewing friends and especially to reading dear Heather's posts. It's been a great way to stay in touch since I could hardly stand it when she moved back to Utah. Heather, I can't thank you enough for your steady friendship. I honestly don't know what I would have done without you. You have been family to me over the single years and an absolute anchor in my life. We've done a lot, learned a lot, and changed a lot over these years - those experiences are precious to me. Love you so much!

I'm excited to watch this blog grow as it is passed along from single woman to single woman through the years. Thank you for all the support and love!! Much love. Signing off, Liz.

11 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! That is so friggin' exciting! Congratulations, Liz. But now how will I ever know what's going on in your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you friend. You have been family to me too...and always will me. My heart is nearly busting with happiness for you. Thanks for all the wisdom you have shared on the blog!! We'll miss you biggie on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I'm SOOO excited and happy for you. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Liz! What wonderfully exciting news. You will be missed on this blog but I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just reading this post and finding myself so sad to think this means I can't keep up my relationship with my sister by reading her beautiful and hopeful words on a blog. Let's start a new blog for families and everyone else can keep up with that one too. :) The world sure needs that one, too. Erin, I am so glad to start keeping up with another good friend through more beautiful words on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Liz!!! Such exciting news. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. liz i'm still just dying over this news. i can't wait to hear more about plans and your new life with your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! and we met him while we were out there (right?)

    the andersons couldn't be more happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the kind wishes!! I think Dan and I will be starting a family blog (that was very satisfying to write). I'll send the link along to you all. Love keeping up on your blogs too and thank you for your sweet comments! Much love!

    And sure is Paige! He attended one of our "theme dinners" :). Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! So so so exciting. I'm just thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I get to have a new "daughter" to add to our family. My son, Danny, is truly blessed. Love ya, Liz... Momma K

    ReplyDelete