May 9, 2011

The Travel Post

Many of you are probably familiar with the "Mormon Spring Break" held on the outer banks of North Carolina during Memorial Day weekend. Hundreds of single Mormons from all over the country gather at Duck Beach each year to be with other single Mormons. I've never been, but I've heard plenty of stories (good, bad, mostly mediocre). If you're thinking about traveling this Memorial Day weekend, Duck Beach could be a very interesting look at single Mormon culture (if nothing else). I also have friends who have been on LDS singles cruises...and again, the reports have been mostly mediocre. I'm not interested in this particular scene myself, which says nothing about the value of the experience. Maybe I would be more inclined if I were in my early 20's? I think traveling could be a great way to meet someone, but seemingly more unnatural if that's the expectation from the beginning. I'm really interested in opinions/experiences that others have had on trips for single Mormons. Please do tell...

In the mean time, check out the promo for a documentary that is being filmed this year about the single Mormon's experience at Duck Beach. Could be pretty fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. DUCK BEACH is nothing compared to LOVE HACKING

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1469950511/love-hacking-a-robot-inventor-dating-documentary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Duck Beach has certainly been a documentary waiting to happen. Can't wait for this to come out!

    ReplyDelete