May 2, 2011

Shocking News

I'm away in Hershey, Pennsylvania for a work conference. They are serious about chocolate at Hershey Lodge. The smell of chocolate is pipped through the vents in the lobby, I have impressions of Hershey's Kisses on my sheets and there is a Hershey's theme park down the street.


I have to admit I'm feeling a little sick from all the chocolate. Due to my preoccupation with the conference I was a little late on the news about Osama Bin Laden. I woke up this morning and turned on the TV. (TV is a bit of a novelty for me. I haven't had a TV with stations pretty much since I was a freshman in college. People at work like to share that fun fact.) Anyway, I couldn't believe the words on the screen! "Osama Bin Laden is Dead." I had to verify it on a few stations before I could believe it's true. Just like hearing about the attacks on 9/11, I don't think I'll ever forget seeing that shocking news on the screen this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment