April 13, 2011

Orem, Utah or bust.


This is how I look when I'm driving four hours to see some of my favorite friends and one of my favorite bands. Although I may appear slightly frightened, it's actually a face of overwhelming excitement. (It's the people in the cars around me that were frightened.)

Something I've learned: when you are feeling a little dissatisfied and/or burned out by life, it really helps to get out of town. Even if it's less than 24 hours...something about leaving your circumstances helps to renew your perspective. Orem, Utah was just what this girl needed.

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of a small trip we took together, that may have also involved books on tape and home-town ice-cream and grapefruit juice and dead prophets. which was awesome. which took place nearly a year ago exactly. which i loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. which i also loved! can't believe that was a year ago. and i'm so glad we have a certain semi-secret location burned into our brains.

    ReplyDelete