April 8, 2011

Happy Weekend to You

Fridays are the only day I can take my time getting to work in the morning. Sometimes it saves my sanity. It's 9:13am and I'm in my pajamas enjoying a bowl of oats and thinking about my favorite parts of the past week, which include:


1. Sleeping for 10 hours last night. Oh how my body and mind needed that (see #2 and #5 below).
2. Little niecie has been sharing my room with me because of company at our house. Two nights ago she woke me in the middle of the night to tell me that someone on American Idol had sung an Elvis song (they all know auntie Heather has a thing for Elvis). She couldn't wait to tell me. Later in the night I woke up and she was holding my arm and I barely had any room on the bed. I loved all of these things.
3. Helping my friend plant a garden.
4. Running up a hill with the same friend. My hind end thanks me.
5. Falling into the tub in the middle of the night while trying to find the commode without light. And then unknowingly starting the toaster on fire the next morning. While slightly traumatic, these moments taught me some things about my need to pay attention. I hope to remember this lesson.
6. Buying three books on my lunch break two days ago. Three new books!!!
7. Eating the same breakfast pictured above every single day.
8. Talking to two dear friends yesterday. Their loving advice was very needed.

What a week! I hope the weekend is just as lovely. I hope yours is too. Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment