March 27, 2011

The Sunday Post

I've been out of town all weekend and just got home (more on that later....I took about twelve trips down memory lane in the past two days). Now I have a few minutes to write a post before I leave to first go visiting teaching and attend a stake girls camp committee meeting.

With those responsibilities in mind, let me leave you with this for a Sunday post: Go visiting teaching! Some of my most profound feelings of love and caring for the flock, so to speak, have come through visiting women in my ward. It's not easy to find the time and often the energy, but I know that God consecrates the effort for our good. I know that. And just when I think it doesn't mean that much to those I visit, I get a call like the one from a recent convert I visited in DC who needed to be comforted after the death of Michael Jackson. We were on the phone for nearly an hour (it was awesome on many levels) and I was so glad she thought to call me...some girl at church who wanted to be her friend. There are moments when I receive a glimpse of what true charity feels like--and the ones that stand out the most have ALL been while visiting teaching. I'm converted to this calling and grateful for the opportunity.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment