February 3, 2011

A remedy.

Last night I became an official certified Family Herbalist. Yeeeeessss! Slammed out the final exam and only missed one question about white willow (as if). I now drink cayenne pepper and talk about bowel movements like I own the place. What place exactly, I'm not sure.

All last week I could tell I was on the edge of a sore throat and then it caught up with me on Saturday. Since it's the season of...I wanted to share a remedy I learned about in my studies. It had me feeling better pretty pronto:

One Tbsp. raw honey
1/8-1/2 tsp. cayenne
3-5 crushed cloves of garlic

I took about a teaspoon every hour for three or four hours before I went to bed and it was gone by the morning. I think I caught mine pretty early, but you may have to take it every hour for an entire day (be persistent and drink plenty of distilled water and don't eat sugar or dairy). Let me know if any of you actually try this! 


In the morn last Saturday (before the sore throat tackled me) I also watched the raising of a greenhouse. I'm happy about all of the people that will be fed by the food being planted in it right now...including me! So grateful for small family farms.

Catching up on this was a remedy for my soul today.

Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go. That's so awesome. I want to do that too. And I'm jealous of the greenhouse too. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. H. Simkins! I'm so proud of you!! That's wonderful! Consider yourself my new doctor (and surgeon).

    ReplyDelete