January 2, 2011

Remember Lot's Wife

Pillar of salt at the Dead Sea

Happy New Year! My mom sent my siblings and me a great New Year's talk I'd like to share on this first Sunday of 2011. It's really had a profound effect on me. Here's my mom's cute message -

Good Morning my Christmas Angels!

I want to share a talk with you that I heard last weekend that has been a gift to me all week and I hope will be a gift to each of you. It would please me so much if you would take the time to listen to this beautiful message from Elder Holland. There is so much in this talk that spoke to my heart and helped me to remember "that God has great things in store for each of us".

Listen to the talk if you can...if not please read it:
Remember Lot's Wife.

Just a few quotes from the talk:

At this point let me pause to add a lesson that applies both in your own life and also in the lives of others. There is something in us, at least in too many of us, that particularly fails to forgive and forget earlier mistakes in life ‐‐ either mistakes we ourselves have made or the mistakes of others. That is not good. It is not Christian. It stands in terrible opposition to the grandeur and majesty of the Atonement of Christ. To be tied to earlier mistakes ‐‐ our own or other people's ‐‐ is the worst kind of wallowing in the past from which we are called to cease and desist.

To all such of every generation I call out, "Remember Lot's wife." Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ is the "high priest of good things to come."

Love you all. Mom

I hope it's a wonderful new year! xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment