December 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Joseph Smith

One year my brother Jefferson sent me this picture of himself dressed up as Joseph Smith. He told me he was trying out for the role of Joseph Smith in a church film. I later found out that he wasn't.

Joke pictures aside, I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith and the courage he had as a young boy to ask real questions. He has brought a lot of happiness into my life. Happy Birthday, Brother Joseph.

Epistle of James, first chapter and fifth verse, reads: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. . . . I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.

When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!

(For full text go to here.)

1 comment: