November 1, 2010

Welcome, November! (I'm Grateful for You)

Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.
- William Cullen Bryant

November is one of my favorite months! And I feel unusually blessed this year. My best friend is getting married, something we've both hoped for a lot longer than we thought we would. To celebrate the new month I've listed the top 10 November things I'm grateful for:

  1. My sister Elle and her beautiful daughter are coming to visit! (I CANNOT wait!!)

  2. Going to Boston for my best friend Nicky's wedding!

  3. Meeting up with dear friends in Philly to go see one of my all-time favorite musicians, Sufjan Stevens. (I particularly love all the instruments in this song!)

  4. The Primary Program. Who doesn't love that?? Best Sunday of the year.

  5. THANKSGIVING! (We don't watch too much TV in my family. We've started this quasi-tradition of watching a full TV series over the Thanksgiving break. This Thanksgiving my roommate Erin and I will be eating a lot (of course) and watching the entire John Adams series. Can't wait.)

  6. Pumpkin soup & apple crisp for dinner night.

  7. Continuing to read one of my favorite books, The Road Less Traveled. (I'd go so far as to call it a classic.)

  8. The upcoming colloquium on trust. The questions for the November discussion are: What does it mean to trust someone? How do we gain appropriate trust in God and others? How can we have trust when we know we will incur losses on our journey is this life?

  9. My birthday! (Birthday memory: I vowed if I saw my 30th birthday pass while still single, I would enjoy it by not being in the country. I wanted to assure that I wouldn't be subjected to unsolicited comments such as, 'I'm sure you'll get married, you're fairly marketable' - one of my favorites. We were not too familiar with the California border and ended up watching the clock turn to 12:01 AM on my 30th in a scary restaurant in Tijuana. Luckily, not a single one of us was killed and we spent the rest of the day enjoying sunny California.)
  10. And last, but not least, this little niecy's birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year (the "Velma" of the group). Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Thanks, Heather for the DC picture!

5 comments:

  1. Happy almost Birthday! I love November too and that John Adams series is fantastic. One of my absolute favorites. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kimi! You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that your birthday is this month too! And that we won't be in a weird Hard Rock Cafe in Tijuana getting nervous every time one of us goes to the bathroom that they may not come back. We'll miss celebrating with you though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best birthday on the border memory ever.

    ReplyDelete