November 24, 2010

Unnamed 10,983

I had an unexpected moment of almost overwhelming gratitude last month. I hit a button in Picasa I didn't know existed called "Unnamed 10,983". When I pressed it headshots of some of the most important people in my life were revealed. I guess you're supposed to tag them in photos like you do in Facebook. Instead I had one of those life-passing-before-your-eyes moments. I'm so grateful for all the good people in my life and for our wonderful experiences. In honor of Thanksgiving here is a random, and sort of raw, sampling based on the order in which I saw them:

My older sister Maryanna and me when we were little girls. She always took good care of me.

My brother Ed, who has mostly stayed the same.



My best girl, Nicky who got married last weekend.


My dear friend Erin who I went to grad school with, ran Mother House with, currently roommate with and, as of tonight, eat pumpkin yogurt with.

My adorable nephew Abner, who has a good shot at being in Newsies someday.


My brother-in-law, Jared, who has the best questions of anyone I know, and my beautiful sister, Elle.



One of my all-time favorite friends, Kim. She is being sung a rendition of "When I Saw Her Standing There" by Filipino waiters in this picture.


My nephew Andy. We were in a small, dark closet with only the light of the flash. Our excitement to see what faces we were making in the dark kept us going until the photo card maxed out.


My brother Jefferson and sister-in-law Abigail. JJ makes a good joke & Abigail was an instant best friend.


My precious niece, Lucy, who will sing a song about any word you suggest (including chicken, leaves, and your first name).



My G'pa & G'ma Jernigan. Eternally married now.

My dear Heather, one of my best friends and fellow blogger.


Governor George Wallace, signed to my G'pa who is from Moblie, Alabama. Not a face I expected to see but grateful for my history and what we've learned.



My sister Marie & brother Covey. They are close in age and spent almost every minute together as kids (except for all the moments we all spent together). Love them so much.



My mom as a teenager and as a baby girl. She grew up to be a champion mom.


More grateful than I can say for the wonderful people who have been sent into my life! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the beautiful people in your life!

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Liz. I am so grateful for you and love you so much. I love reading this amazing Blog you and Heather are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people here that I love too...and a perfect reminder of all of the good, good people in my life. Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these people good enough for Bob Jernigan? I hope so, because if they're good enough for Bob Jernigan, they're good enough for me.

    (p.s. I'm so happy to finally see a picture of Bob Jernigan.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Good question, Kim! He was a bit of a stoical man, so I can't say for sure, but I can say that those who aren't solid Republicans are walking a fine line.

    ReplyDelete