October 11, 2010

A recent conversation...

with this 7-year-old hunk of cuteness:

Me: Shay, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Him: To catch lizards.
Me: In another country?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Which one?
Him: This one! Across the street!
Me: Awesome.
Him: Across the street is my world.
Me: You're living your dream, buddy.
Him: Yeah.

Remember when we were kids and nothing was better than the moment we were actually living? No constant planning and worrying about the future and no thinking about the past--just loving our world at the present...loving the idea of catching lizards across the street more than any other possibility.

I aim to do better at losing myself in my present world. In fact, it's become necessary in a lot of ways. So as you read this I'm riding Space Mountain 7 times in a row and I'm not worrying about whatever is on my plate when I return home. I'm just taking a ride in a spaceship with my friend.

And it's awesome.

I hope you love your world today!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute I can hardly stand it! And man, that was one wild spaceship ride (well, 2 and I'm really glad we took them).

    Remember when he told you that "Follow the Prophet" was his favorite "scary song"? That is one adorable kid.

    ReplyDelete