September 27, 2010

My late night

 Evidence of what I was doing at 2:30 this morning:


I'm working on a series of photos called "Rice cake in front of important-seeming books." 

Oh, desert. When will you be cool enough that I can open my window for a nice breeze? I woke up hungry and hot! So I made an almond butter and rice cake snack and read some of this book that I think I should have read sooner. I'm hooked! Thanks for your genius, Mr. Bushman.

Then I laid in bed and mulled over the article by President Kimball that Liz posted yesterday (also a favorite of mine). I had all sorts of thoughts about creativity and beauty and art. I think it's sometimes surprising how deeply our souls urge to create. I'm still trying to figure out how to wield that urge. I don't think the aforementioned photo series is going to go anywhere. Anyway, it was too much for me to figure out in the middle of the night.

So I started thinking about The Cosby Show and how Sondra married a guy named Elvin. But apparently that thought was uninteresting enough that I fell back to sleep. 

And greeted Monday morning like a rough stone. :)

How was your weekend?? 

p.s. My oldest niece turns 17 today. What?! Happy birthday, Kayla Sue. I love you more than ten thousand days of summer!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post, Heather, but I must admit that all I keep thinking about is Sondra and Elvin. They are so funny. Do you remember when they came back from their honeymoon and decided to ditch med school and law school? Cliff and Claire were so mad.

    So, apparently, they are pretty interesting to think about and the thought is keeping me from a nap right now. I'll admit that Rough Stone Rolling is a tinch more thought provoking, but the difference is pretty minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And they quit school to manage a wilderness store. So amazing. And thought provoking, indeed.

    ReplyDelete